Today I check myself before I wreck myself and talk about something I missed back in episode 3 when I talked about CPR and defibrillation myths in movies using the film Flatliners.
Nehme, Z., Andrew, E., Bernard, S. A., & Smith, K. (2013). Treatment of monitored out-of-hospital ventricular fibrillation and pulseless ventricular tachycardia utilising the precordial thump. Resuscitation, 84(12), 1691-1696. doi:10.1016/j.resuscitation.2013.08.011
- 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science
- Effect of Chest Compressions on Ventricular Activation
- Percussion pacing—an almost forgotten procedure for haemodynamically unstable bradycardias? A report of three case studies and review of the literature
- Resuscitation skills - part five - Precordial thump
- The Precordial Thump is an Outdated Practice